ACQ-380V, Intermediate International Acquisition Management
SC Workforce Certification Level
Required for Intermediate Level Certification for SC Acquisition Management
This virtual instructor-led training (VILT) course teaches students to conceptualize, assess, plan, and execute the full spectrum of International Acquisition and Exportability (IA&E) activities to improve acquisition outcomes and contribute to DoD and U.S. Government security cooperation objectives. The course covers the following: program IA&E assessments; international considerations in developing a program’s acquisition strategy; international business planning; defense exportability integration; technology security and foreign disclosure considerations; foreign military sales acquisition best practices; international cooperative programs; working with industry; IA&E best practices and is designed to strengthen the student’s critical thinking and analytical skills through the use of practical exercises and case studies based on real world IA&E scenarios.
The Course Learning/Performance Objectives are posted (and can be downloaded by clicking the applicable link in the “Objectives” section) on the DAU Course Catalog listing at the https://icatalog.dau.edu/onlinecatalog/courses.aspx?crs_id=12489 web address.
Acquisition professionals in the Acquisition Workforce (AWF) occupying Level 3 positions plus any defense employee working in this area to include members of the Security Cooperation (SC) Workforce.
ACQ 230V, International Acquisition Integration
Additional Course Information
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
SC Continuous Learning Hours
DAU Continuous Learning Points
College Credit Recommended
Transfer Credit Available
Constructive Credit Available
This course is offered directly by the Defense Acquisition University (DAU). Follow the link below and click the “Check Schedule” button on that web page to see the available classes, and click the “Apply for the course” button on that web page to apply for the course.
- Pre-work required (approx. 7-8 hours) / Walk-ins NOT authorized.
- This course consists of six 5-hour long virtual classroom sessions integrated with approximately 13 hours of self-paced asynchronous out of class learning that students must complete on a specified schedule.
- This course requires students to identify an IA&E improvement project for their organization or program based on challenges encountered in their workplace before arriving at the classroom.
- Virtual classes are conducted via MS Teams.
- Students are required to test connectivity with DAU IT prior to the class start date and should not schedule themselves for any other work-related activity while participating in this class.
- DAU does not reimburse student phone/internet charges.