Security Cooperation Workforce (SCW) Supervisor Role Overview
SCW Supervisors are those who supervise DoD military and civilian personnel with substantive Security Cooperation (SC)
responsibilities as identified by their DoD Component.
The Certification Program will be integrated with career roadmaps, individual development plans, and personnel policies
and procedures. SCW positions and key SC positions will be identified in DoD manpower systems of record, and position
descriptions will be updated to reflect Certification Program requirements.
Your Responsibilities as a Security Cooperation (SC) Workforce Supervisor
Supervisors are responsible for identifying the SC workforce they supervise, determining and documenting the appropriate
area of concentration (AoC) and certification level, and working with their SC employees to maintain an accurate continuous learning (CL) record.
To achieve these responsibilities, supervisors should know their Component Certification Authorities (CCA), their Security Cooperation Workforce Development Database (SCWD-D) Administrator, and their DoD Component’s SCW policies.
|SCW Supervisor Responsibilities
||SCW Member Responsibilities
- Update Position Descriptions to reflect mandatory certification program requirements
- Update personnel changes in the SCWD-D
- Create/revise individual development plan (IDP) plans to reflect certification program requirements
- Review and select positions’ AoC and Certification levels
- Track employees’ good standing
- Validate employees’ continuous learning (CL) hours
- Verify member SCW data
- Complete required training on time
- Complete required CL hours
- Serve in SC position for required time for certification level
Tools for Supervisors
The Certification Center is a resource for supervisors
to manage their employees’ certification.
AoC and certification level assignments are recorded in the SCWD-D.
How to find your SCWD-D Administrator
For information on your SCWD-D administrator, send an email to email@example.com
Resources to Share with Employees or Fellow Supervisors
Points of Contact